Layout of XaitPorter Navigation
XaitPorter has three main workspaces: Dashboard, Document, and Admin. Navigation to projects, documents, the admin workspace, and other features can be accessed using the navigation panes in the left column.
XaitPorter's Dashboard is comprised of 6 portlets. The portlets can be re-arranged, which allows users to have a customized Dashboard.
- Recent - Lists the 20 most recent documents accessed by the user.
- Favorites - Users can bookmark documents or sections as favorites. Favorited sections and documents will appear in this portlet.
- Task Overview - A doughnut graph that outlines the tasks a user has assigned to them, which can be sorted by individual projects. The wheel is color coded for quick reference regarding the workflow status. White stands for tasks not started, the lighter green means tasks are in progress, and the dark green means tasks which the user has completed in active projects.
- Task List - A list of workflow tasks assigned to the user in active documents. Documents can have color coded flags which represent the pending deadlines. A yellow flag is a caution that the deadline is a specified number of days away and red is the final deadline which has been set in the workflow. See for more.
- Project Manager Overview - This graphic displays a calculation of how much progress has been made within a project. The progress of each document inside a project is calculated as well. Completion is determined by approved sections. White indicates workflow tasks which have not yet been started; light green indicates sections where workflow has started and is in progress; the darker green shows the percentage of sections which have been marked approved. More information, like date of creation and number of most recent section revisions, can be found if the mouse cursor is hovered over the project name or the document name.
- Unread Comments - This section will display any unread comments for the user. You can also view any unread responses to comments the individual user has previously made. Clicking on the document name or the comment will open them up respectively for action to be taken.
Top Menu Options
- Search - Users can perform keyword searches by typing in the text box and hitting enter, or they can pull up the search window by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.
- User Profile Menu
- User Profile - Users can access their profile by selecting the option to edit your profile.
- Give Feedback - This is an option for users to provide feedback on XaitPorter to Xait Support and Xait Development. The Give Feedback feature will send an email to Xait Support; if an internal comment needs to be made within a document please refer to the section instead.
- Sign Out - This is where a user can properly sign out of XaitPorter in order to free up the use of a license. If a user elects to close their browser instead of signing out, the database will still keep the user logged in until the period of inactivity has been reached for auto sign out. In most systems, this setting is 60 minutes.
Left-Hand Navigation Pane
The Left-Hand Navigation Pane gives various navigation options for each user. The navigation drop-down gives you quick access to all of your documents and workspaces. By clicking the down arrow in the window when inside of a document, you can see all Documents in the current project, the five most Recent Documents accessed, and All Documents that you have access to. All users will have access to see the All Projects menu folder. However, unless the users have access to projects, there will not be any content for them to access.
The Task List lets you quickly see what you need to do in XaitPorter. All active workflow tasks for sections and pictures are shown in the Task List on the dashboard.
Searching the Task List
It is possible to search in the Task List in the same manner as in regular search. That includes the use of search operators and keywords as described in .
The following options are available for ordering tasks:
- Project - tasks are grouped by Project
- Relevance - tasks are ordered by relevance based on the search term entered. (If no search term has been entered, the ordering will be alphabetical.)
- Last Created - tasks are ordered with the most recently created sections or pictures on top of the list
- Last Updated - tasks are ordered with the most recently updated sections or pictures on top of the list
- Urgency - tasks are ordered with the most urgent tasks on top of the list. Urgency is determined by deadline and content expiry dates set on the sections or pictures
It is possible to apply filters to the Task List. Click on the funnel icon to see all available filters.
It is possible to set the scope of the Task List from the Tasks Overview portlet. If you select a folder, project or document in the drop down in Task Overview, only tasks for the selected scope will be shown in the Task List.
Information about the task
The icons next to each task give you lots of valuable information. You can quickly tell what workflow state the task is in by the amount of green filling the icon. As well, there are indicators for when a yellow or red deadline has passed and when a content expiry date has passed.
Click on the section icon or picture thumbnail to see more information about the task, including who gave you the task, when it was given to you, and the deadline, if there is one, for the task.
Navigation to task
For section, you can go directly to the section you have a task on by clicking on the task.
Quick Navigation to Other Sections
Quick Navigation allows you to quickly and easily find sections in larger documents. On the Dashboard, press CTRL + ALT + F to open the Quick Navigation Box.
If you need to update your user profile in XaitPorter, you can do so by clicking on the user icon in the upper right-hand corner and selecting the option to edit your profile. Clicking this opens a dialog box where you can update your first and last name, email, add a mobile number to your profile, and update your date and time settings to match your region.
- Click on the user icon in the top right hand corner
- Select the option to edit your profile
- Update the necessary settings in the dialog box
- Click OK to save your changes
If you need to change your username, contact your System Administrator.
A password is required to log on to XaitPorter. If your company uses Single-Sign On technology with XaitPorter, you will need to change your password externally.
- Click on the user profile menu in the top right hand corner
- Select the Edit your profile button
- Click Change Password in the dialog box
- Type your new password in the New Password field
- Repeat the new password in the Repeat Password field
- Click OK to save your changes
Pick a strong password and change it regularly! It's more secure to use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols in your password. Your password should also be at least 6 to 8 characters in length. Your system may have password requirements setup, but even if it doesn't, it's always best to pick a strong password.