- Add a Comment
- Reply to a Comment
- Delete a Comment
- Editing from the Comment Report
- Using Comments with Pictures
Comments can be added to sections at any time as a way of facilitating internal discussion. Once a comment is created, the system records the date and time when the comment was made. Comments can be marked as Pending, Done, or Rejected, depending on the your needs. Comments remain within XaitPorter and do not appear in exported documents.
Add a Comment
- Place the cursor where you would like the comment to be inserted
- Right-click and select Insert Comment
- Type your comment into the dialog box and select whether the work being commented on is Pending, Done, or Rejected
- Select whether or not you would like your comment to be Public
- If you do not choose to make your comment Public, only those with workflow assignments in the section will be able to view it
The comment will be inserted into the text and will now be visible in the Comments section in the right-hand column.
Reply to a Comment
- Click on the comment you want to respond to
- Type your response in the Edit Comment dialog box
- Select the appropriate comment status, if applicable
- Click OK to save changes
Delete a Comment
Editing from the Comment Report
If you need to view or edit all of the comments within a project, the Comment Report is the most efficient way to do so.
- Navigate to the Document workspace and select Document
- Select Other Reports
- Select All Comments
- Select Edit Comment on the far right
Using Comments with Pictures
You can add a comment to a picture using one of the following methods:
- Right-click the figure reference number within a section and select Insert Comment
- Right-click the relevant picture in the right-hand figure column and select Comments
- Use the Search function to locate the specific picture, right-click on it within the search results, and then select Comments
Using the first option will directly open the Add Comment window; using the latter two options will open a different window displaying all of the Pending comments for that specific picture. From here, you can select the Add New Comment button at the lower right corner to insert your comment. You can also use the drop-down menu at the top of the window to filter the list of comments by their status (Pending, Rejected, or Done) or to view all comments that have been added to the picture.
The Add Comment window for pictures has the same features available as the one for sections, such as the option to send a notification email for your new comment and the ability to choose which users will receive it. The available recipients for a picture comment notification email include the original uploader, users with an assigned workflow task on the picture, and any users who have previously contributed to the comment.
Once a picture has at least one comment added to it, a comment icon will appear at the bottom of its thumbnail in the right-hand figure column; you can select this to quickly access its Comments window again. You can also hover your cursor over this icon to see the number of comments that have been added to the picture and whether their status is Pending, Rejected, or Done.
The Picture Report will display a comment icon if a picture has had comments added to it; selecting this icon will open a new window displaying all of the comments for the picture along with a preview image of it next to the details for the picture (such as Picture ID, Title, and Workflow State).