XaitPorter version 5.1.201710 (5.0.0-16355_master_c243690) contains an upgrade of the 3rd party GUI framework that is used in XaitPorter. The upgrade is required as part of our ongoing maintenance of XaitPorter and includes the benefit of all the bug fixes that the framework provider has made since our last upgrade. This upgrade does not affect any functionality, but there will be some GUI changes in certain areas. For example, the appearance of the "green man" icon that is used to denote an assigned task in the section tree has slightly changed; an outline of the "green man" icon has also replaced the green arrow pointing downward that was previously used to indicate an assigned task in a subsection.
An improvement has also been implemented in response to feedback that it is difficult to understand who has edit access to pictures or attachments. Edit access is automatically granted to the user that creates a picture or attachment and to any users who have sufficient access to edit pictures or attachments in the project where it was originally inserted. However, once a picture or attachment has been reused multiple times it can be hard to determine where it was originally inserted and by whom. We have therefore expanded the Access Control tab in the Master Files of picture and attachments so that it now lists the user who originally created the picture or attachment and the project where it was originally inserted; only users with access to edit the Master File will be able to view this tab. See the screenshot below for an example.
Please note that it is not possible to remove these edit rights. However, in order to edit a picture or attachment the user or project must also have view rights, meaning that by limiting the view rights it will also limit the edit rights.
Other enhancements and bug fixes included in Version 5.1.201710:
- Fixes an issue where an extra space was automatically inserted after a cross-reference
- Fixes an issue where an ampersand in a table title would cause the PDF export to fail
- Fixes an issue where large top and bottom padding in table cells could cause a table to be incorrectly placed in the PDF export
- Fixes an issue where the order of the items that appear in the right-click context menu within a table would display incorrectly
- Fixes an issue where a deleted sub-list item would show up incorrectly in the section and document comparison
- Fixes an issue where tables with cells that span multiple rows could cause the section and document comparison to fail
Xait will auto-upgrade clients within 2 weeks of this release announcement. If your system should not be upgraded for any reason, please notify Support or your Key Account Manager as soon as possible and we will exclude it from the upgrade schedule.