With the release of XaitPorter version 5.1.201802, new options have been implemeted within layout templates to provide more flexibility in the styling of XaitPorter content.
Endnotes Layout and Styling
The following new layout options have been added:
- Endnotes Paragraph Style - controls how the endnotes appear
- In Microsoft Word and OpenOffice exports each endnote is inserted as a separate paragraph, borders should therefore be avoided as they will be applied to each note separately
- Heading Endnotes Paragraph Style - controls how the heading of the endnotes section appears (only applies when endnotes are placed at the end of the document)
- Table of Contents Endnotes Paragraph Style - controls how the endnotes page is listed in the Table of Contents (only applies when endnotes are placed at the end of the document)
Text Before Paragraph
This setting can be used to add additional styling before the start of a paragraph, it can be found under the Advanced tab for each paragraph style. There is one field for inserting characters and another for applying a character style to the inserted characters. Below are examples of how this feature can be used:
- Applying a design element, such as a line above each heading
- Inserting a separator line to visually distinguish endnotes from section text when the endnotes are placed after each section or after each main section
- On the Endnotes Paragraph Style, navigate to the Advanced tab
- Enter spaces in the text field (the number of spaces will determine how long the line will be)
- Set the Character Style to Underline
The option to control the spacing of characters has been added to character styles. This setting can be used in combination with the text before paragraph feature; for example, to ensure there are no gaps between the spacing of inserted characters they can be made to overlap slightly by setting a negative value for character spacing.