XaitPorter Version 5.1.201803 (5.0.0-16869_master_c28d696) contains several enhancements and bug fixes.
- Editor Width - by dragging the slider you can choose between four different settings: full size, landscape, portrait, or half column. These sizes are standard A4 defaults and do not use page size information from the layout template, which means they will not give an accurate view of how the exported result will appear. However, they will give a better impression of what the text will look like and will also improve the readability of the content on screen.
- Text Zoom - this setting allows you to adjust the size of the text in the editor without affecting the entire screen. It is set to 100% by default and can be adjusted to a minimum of 80% or a maximum of 300%.
These settings are stored in the browser and will be remembered even if you navigate away from the editor or log out of XaitPorter. Changes to the Display Options will only have to be reapplied if you switch to a different browser or computer.
Other enhancements and bug fixes included in Version 5.1.201803:
- Improves spacing between multiple objects placed next to each other by ensuring equal spacing between them when exported to PDF (applies to objects with Horizontal Position set to From Left or From Right)
- Improves text wrapping around tables and figures; the picture or table height does not always match up with the text line height, so the margin below a picture or table is in some cases increased slightly to ensure an uninterrupted text flow around the object
- Improves performance when loading any GUI where the folder tree is shown by only loading the documents when a user clicks to expand a project
- Changes the date filter under Logs in the Administrator area to include results from the date entered in the "to" field (for example, filtering on 03/03/2017 - 04/04/2017 will now include results from 04/04/2017)
- Fixes an issue where the Paragraph Style drop-down menu in the editor was disabled after the cursor had been placed inside a list and then moved out again
- Fixes an issue where cross-references to pictures and tables would in some cases break after copying and pasting
- Fixes an issue where users that were logged in while our servers switched over to Daylight Saving Time (DST) were being logged out. The change our servers coincides with the change for the majority of the European countries (25th of March 2018 at 2:00 CET)
- Search may still temporarily show incorrect results around the time of the change, such as if a user is searching for created_date:>-30min within the first hour after the change to Daylight Savings Time has taken place. If this search is required at that time, an alternative is to specify the absolute time (created_date:>"2018-03-25 01:50")
- Fixes a bug where the tool tip indicating the date and time when a section was last saved was missing when hovering over the save icon in the editor
Xait will auto-upgrade clients within 2 weeks of this release announcement. If your system should not be upgraded for any reason, please notify Support or your Key Account Manager as soon as possible and we will exclude it from the upgrade schedule.