With version 5.1.201809, we have added a new Character Style called Redacted Text.
This option is enabled by default on all layout templates, with the exception of templates imported from other XaitPorter systems; in these cases, the option will need to be manually activated. Users with the Template Designer System Role can do this using the steps listed below, all other users will need to contact their Account Manager or Xait Support for assistance.
- Right-click the imported layout template and select Edit Template
- Select the Character Styles tab
- Scroll down to the Transformation Styles category
- Right-click Transformation of Redacted Text and select Activate Style
- Scroll up to the category Custom Styles
- Locate a deactivated Character Style called redacted-text
- Right-click this and select Activate Style
To apply Redacted Text, simply highlight the text that you want to be redacted in the exported document and then select Redacted Text from the Character Style drop-down menu within the text toolbar. You will then need to select Export -> Export Options from the top black menu bar and check the box next to Enable Redacted Text.
Please note that Redacted Text cannot be applied to the titles of sections, documents, tables, or figures; it also is not compatible with table names or figure captions and descriptions.